Thursday, January 26, 2012

School


This was a big week in my life. After 23 years, I went back to college. It was a long time in coming and in hindsight, something I should have done many years ago. Monday night I went to my first class, psychology 101. As I was heading out the door, Todd stopped me and said he needed to take a picture on my first day of school. The kids thought this was great and said, "You have to sit on the stairs, like you make us do." So yes, I sat on the stairs for a school picture.

With all the fussing about needing a picture, I left later than I had planned to. There was A LOT of students at school that night and after finally finding a parking spot, I was three minutes tardy to class. My professor was in mid sentence when I made my entrance and I hurried to the only open seat in view. It happened to be next to a guy who was an extremely loud breather and had a case of the shaky leg. He was shaking it like crazy, shaking the table, shaking me. Did I mention this was a three hour class?

Tuesday and Thursday morning I go to English class. I took my first quiz today, it covered 14 pages about research papers. I was pretty nervous but, I got 100%, so it was all good. After the quiz, I started to feel a little better about this whole thing. I started to think that maybe, if I work really hard, I might be able to do this.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Other than the being 3 minutes late part, and sitting next to the loud, shaky breather.

    ReplyDelete