Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Dirty Laundry

I know you shouldn't put your dirty laundry out for people to see, but there was so much of it, I had to put it somewhere. My front loader broke over a week ago, it was only 15 months old!  The first major repair came when it was about 10 months. I realized then that we had bought a piece of junk so I paid the $200 to buy the extended warranty. Turned out to be the best decision ever, because three months later the motor went out. RC Willey called me on Tuesday and told me they weren't going to fix the washer and I was given a store credit.

As I headed to the store, I made up my mind to regress and get a washer with an agitator. Unfortunately, there was only one of those and it was a Whirlpool. I haven't had the best of luck with that brand, so I opted for a Maytag top loader. I wasn't thrilled about how little water it used and wondered if it could really clean clothes. When I got home, I researched it and was surprised to see how many bad reviews it had. I got a little freaked out and called the store and changed my order to the LG front loader. I wasn't happy that it cost $300 more than the store credit I had, but it had really good reviews.

They somehow managed to bump me off the next day delivery they had promised so I had to wait another day. By the time my new washer arrived, my table was full of dirty clothes. I have done about ten loads of laundry in the past two days. I love my new washer so much, that I didn't even mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment