Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Rice Krispy Treats

I love rice krispy treats, but I can't eat the ones pre-packaged in the store. They don't taste the same, they have to be made fresh. I love the plain version, but then I made some scotcharoo's and WOW! I was embarrassed at how many I ate, I couldn't stop myself. I will post the scotcharoo recipe at the end.

Now, for the Halloween Rice Krispy Treats, I found this recipe on the Internet. I love peanut butter, chocolate, marshmallows and Reese's Pieces, so this was a no brainer. The kids were excited because I told them they were getting a Halloween treat tonight, they weren't disappointed. These are much richer than the plain version, so don't plan on eating as many as you usually do!


Ingredients:
6 cups Cocoa Krispies
5-1/4 ounces Reese's Pieces
3 Tbl butter
1/3 cup peanut butter
10-1/2 ounces mini marshmallows

Directions:
Grease a 9x13 inch pan. Pour the cereal and Reese's Pieces in a large bowl. Melt butter and peanut butter in a saucepan (I melt in the microwave and then add the marshmallows and microwave again until melted) Add the marshmallows, when almost completely melted, pour over the cereal. Stir quickly until combined, pour into prepared pan. Press down into pan with a plastic bag covering your hand or with waxed paper. Let cool, cut into squares.


Scotcharoo’s
Ingredients
1 cup Karo Light Corn Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
6 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

Directions:
Cook corn syrup and sugar together in a large pan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter; mix well. Add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
Pour into greased 13x9-inch pan and pat into place.
Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over cereal. Cool at least 45 minutes, or until firm. Cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment